Hello everyone, after a few months of development I am happy to announce WPAdverts version 2.1.0 is ready to be downloaded.
You should see an update notification in your wp-admin panel within 24 hours max if you do not go to the wp-admin / Dashboard / Updates panel and click the “Check Again” button.
Visually Building Ad Details Pages
The main feature added to WPAdverts in this release is the ability to visually (using blocks) customize the Ad details page. To make this happen we introduced 5 new blocks specifically for creating the details pages:
- Classifieds Single Author – shows the author box, for now, the only option is to hide/show the Ad publication date and customize image size and border radius.
- Classifieds Single Contact – you can select which contact options and in what order will show on the details page, additionally you can make the contact options available to logged-in users only.
- Classifieds Data Table – the data table is mainly responsible for displaying the custom field values, you can select which fields (by name or type) will show in the data table and how the data will be presented.
- Classifieds Single Gallery – allows showing the Ad image gallery
- Classifieds Single Notifications – this block on its own does not do anything, but if WPAdverts will need to show some notification to the user the notification block will handle it.
- Classifieds Single Value – you can use this block if you want to display a specific Ad value, for example, the price, location or some custom field.
For ease of use, we are also introducing the Classifieds Details Pattern so when creating your own details page you can quickly start with the default details page layout and then just customize it to your needs. This will save you a lot of time and headaches figuring out how to best organize blocks.
In the video below you can see how to create your own details page within a few minutes:
The Details Block pattern is now being used as a default details page, it should look pretty much the same as the previous details page (with small differences in margins and price display), but if you would like to go back to the old details page you can do that by adding in your theme functions.php file (or even better in a new blank plugin) the below line
add_filter( "wpadverts/block-patterns/classifieds-details/version", "__return_null" );
With the new features in place, we are finally ready to release the Multiverse extension, stay tuned …