This add-on allows setting a custom image (both small 16×16 and big 64×64) for each Advert Category. The selected images will overwrite the default “font” icons.
In order to use this feature, you need to purchase Category Icons add-on. Once you have it you need to install it from wp-admin / Plugins / Add New / Upload panel and Activate.
The plugin itself does not have any configuration options, so you can go straight to wp-admin / Classifieds / Categories panel to set custom images.
When editing a category from wp-admin panel you will see two additional fields as on the image below
The fields allow setting
- Small Icon – this icon is displayed in Categories Widget and [adverts_categories] shortcode when showing “all” categories. Additionally, if you have Maps And Locations add-on and you are using the [adverts_mal_map] shortcode then the selected icons will be used there as well.
- Big Icon – this icon is displayed in [adverts_categories] shortcode when showing top categories only.
The images you can select from Media Library or provide an exact URL to category image. To select from Media Library click the “Select / Upload Image” button.
The images you are using should be 16×16 px for Small Icons and 64×64 px for large icons if you have images in different sizes then you can do the following to use them:
- Use Simple Image Sizes plugin to add two new dimensions (16×16 and 64×64)
- Upload the images to the Media Library and use them in Advert Categories
- Optionally if you had the images uploaded before installing Simple Image Sizes plugin, then you can use a plugin like Regenerate Thumbnails to create the images in proper sizes for your existing images.