Usually, when user sells his item he leaves his classified Ad on-site, it looks like it still available but actually isn’t. With the Mark As Sold extension user can mark their Ads as sold. The site visitors will know the Ad is no longer available for sale and will not be able to contact the author (if admin will want to disable the contact options).
This is a win-win situation for everyone, the author is not emailed with offers he no longer wants, the visitors know the Ad is no longer available so they do not spend time contacting the author and the administrator does not need to worry about making the Ads up to date, the users will take care of that.
Why would you want to use the Mark As Sold add-on?
- It’s easy to install and use.
- You will not have to worry about making sure the classifieds are up to date, your users will take care of that!
- Users will not have to waste time contacting authors who already sold their items – less time wasted equals more happy users.
How does it work?
- Install and activate Mark As Sold plugin.
- Go to wp-admin / Classifieds / Options / Mark As Sold and configure the plugin.
- Select where the “sold” notifications will be displayed and if users will be able to contact “sold” items authors.
- Customize the “sold” messages to better suite your niche.
- Users are now able to see if the Advert is sold and the authors can mark their items are sold from [adverts_manage] panel.