Usually, when a user takes out an advert it will be displayed for X amount of time, and then the advert expires. Simple and effective.
However what happens if it is a SINGLE ITEM and it has been SOLD during this time? Then item will look like it still available, when it actually isn’t!
The Mark As Sold (MAS) extension adds an extra tool of letting the advertiser mark their own adverts as ‘Sold’.
This of course is in addition to you, the administrator being able to mark it as sold!
This is a secure feature that does not require any extra user privileges or role, as once activated it is effectively part of your website’s core code.
Why would you want to use the Mark As Sold add-on?
- You will not have to worry about making sure the classifieds are up to date; your users can take care of their own adverts!
- Advertisers won’t be disturbed by people asking about already-sold items
- Users will not waste time contacting advertisers about sold items
- Potential advertisers can see that your site DOES produce sales!
- It makes the site more engaging than simply deleting the Ad
- Still on site but marked as sold is also better for SEO than immediate deletion
- It’s a win-win for everyone!
- It’s easy to install and use.
How does it work?
- Install and activate Mark As Sold plugin.
- Go to wp-admin / Classifieds / Options / Mark As Sold and configure the plugin.
- Select where the “sold” notifications will be displayed and if users will be able to contact “sold” items authors.
- Customize the “sold” messages to better suite your niche.
- Users are now able to see if the Advert is sold and the authors can mark their items are sold from [adverts_manage] panel.