Installation, Activation and Updating
This article is mainly for addons purchased on this site, the WPAdverts itself can be installed like any other WordPress plugin directly from WordPress.org repository. Please see Managing Plugins article in WordPress Codex for more information.
Like with any other premium plugin / addon there are two ways to install it:
Installing from wp-admin panel (quick and recommended)
- Login to your site wp-admin panel, go to Plugins / Add New / Upload Plugin panel.
- Click Browse and select the zip file containing Adverts copy and click “Install Now” button
- Plugin should install without any problems, when done, you will see “Activate Plugin”. Click it if you want to activate Adverts.
Installing via FTP
This is more difficult approach to installing plugins, but on some (fortunately few) servers this might be the only plugin installation method. In this tutorial i assume you know what FTP is and can use some FTP software (i use and recommend FileZilla).
- Using FTP software login to your account and find wp-content directory (most of the time it will be in public_html, www or domains/yourdomain.com).
- Go to wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Unzip the addon zip file, and upload all files (including the main directory directory) to wp-content/plugins.
- Go to your wp-admin / Plugins panel, on the plugins list you should find your WPAdverts addon, however over it and click Activate.