Pattern: Classifieds with a sidebar
This pattern is built from Classifieds Search and Classifieds List blocks, you can build it yourself using these blocks (and the default WP Columns block), using a pattern is just a way to have it done with a few clicks.
Usually, you will want to use this pattern when you want to display a classifieds list and an advanced search form in the sidebar.
Below you can see how this pattern looks in the front end by default (well maybe not exactly by default as the search form was customized with the Custom Fields extension)
Creating Classifieds with a sidebar pattern
In order to create a new page with the Classifieds with a sidebar pattern you can:
- Go to the wp-admin / Pages / Add New panel.
- Enter the page title and in the Page settings ideally, select a full-width or no-sidebar Page Template (depending on what templates your theme comes with).
- In the top left corner click the plus button, and the “block inserter” sidebar should open.
- Click on the “Patterns” tab, and in the dropdown below select “Classifieds”.
- On the list, you should find the “Classifieds with a sidebar” pattern, click on it to add it to the list.
- You will now have the Classifieds List and Classifieds Search blocks added to the page content and you can configure them as explained in the blocks documentation.
- Tip: In the Classifieds Search block you will most likely want to set the option
Check out the video below for a quick setup video